Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When the going gets rough...

... it gets really rough! Today has been a tough day, but hopefully one that will build strength in the days and weeks to come. Last night my darling daughter decided that sleep is a luxury that mommy no longer needs, and while I appreciate her thoughtfulness, that does not make for a happy mommy. And if I was foolish enough to entertain the thought of "sleeping while the baby sleeps" during the day, she took care of that too! Her normal 5 hours of nap time during the day turned in to one hour while we had our car in the shop- not exactly the best place for me to nap! So I've spent the day running on virtually no sleep and (rather un-wisely) little food. I've been too busy dealing with a screaming 3 month old to consider eating smartly, which would have made it so easy to slip back into my old eating habits- stopping at the drive-thru and getting lunch on the run. Instead I was able to somehow eat some of the soup I made yesterday and somehow get to dinner time unscathed! In the days and weeks to come I need to remember this day- I was able to make it though a bad day and not console myself with food- or at least not food that is bad for me :) Here is my yummy dinner:

Mini Meatloafs

1 lb lean ground beef
1 box stuffing mix
1 cup water
12 tsp Splenda brown sugar
12 Tbsp ketchup

Mix the beef, stuffing, and water in a large bowl. Form into 12 balls and place them in a muffin pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Top each meatloaf with 1 tsp brown sugar and 1 Tbsp ketchup. Bake 30 minutes.
Meatloaf is 3 WW points each!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!!!!!! I wonder if I should start eating again since mine are sleeping now! I don't think a frozen Snickers bar counts as lunch, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, nope- frozen Snickers bars don't count- but they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete