Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I'm back on Weight Watchers; a program that I know will work, as long as I work it, but I can't help but worry just a little, that I won't be strong enough to work the program. As soon as I start a diet my mind goes crazy! I could have been eating well before I started my diet, but as soon as that word creeps into my mind I go nuts. Food is all I can think about- what should I eat now, what should I eat later? Did I eat too much? What can't I eat? Even as I eat a meal, I'm thinking about what my next one will be. Being on a diet makes food my drug. I'm hoping that by putting my thoughts out here (instead of keeping them in my head) I can overcome this, because it is truly the biggest hurdle I face in trying to eat smartly. So for today that is my goal; I will think less about the food I eat- I will simply make smart choices, because food isn't everything or the only thing in my life. I've got plenty else to do, so I will focus on that and not on food. 

And here is the smart food I'm enjoying (and not dwelling on) today:

8 Can Soup
11 oz sweet corn
15 oz sliced potatoes
14.5 oz diced tomatoes
15 oz green beans
15 oz veg all
15 oz turkey chili w/o beans
1 can chili beans
1 can Rotel tomatoes

Combine, heat, and eat!
A 2 cup serving is just 1 point! (approx. 40 calories and 3g fiber per cup)

No comments:

Post a Comment